I'm setting out with just my wits and my pens. Well, actually I have 2 suitcases and several small, more specialized bags, but the former just sounds much more bohemian and adventurous. Like maybe I'm not just a high maintenance suburbanite who will not only be taking along her computer and high heels, but also her complete DVD set of Sex and the City.
But I digress.
Armed with just my pens, my wits, my camera, and my caffeinated beverages of various sorts, I plan to record my trials and tribulations in the Gold Country, Lewis and Clark-style.
Wish me luck, I'll be flying high on the wings of my dream.
Just like Balki. (Seasons 1 and 2 of "Perfect Strangers" will also be accompanying me on my journey.)
Also, here is my first drawing:
Yep. As soon as my back is turned, she will be passive-agressively letting me know how she feels about me leaving.
Don't you just love cats?

you referenced balki in your first blog post. amazeballs. totally amazeballs. i noticed your cat has a poufy tail and that you packed your j. crew sweater. <3
ReplyDeleteinquiring minds really want to know what sort of job you are going to do, where you will be staying, and how tall you anticipate the men to be where you are going.
ReplyDeleteI'm working a few jobs in the Placerville area. I'm working for the park association (who just gave me keys. Party in the historical church, y'all!!), and for a vineyard doing tastings and such.
ReplyDeleteSo I am basically working my buns off doing fun things.